3/9/16

Paint your dreams

National Craft Month Series with 100Directions.com


  Hi everyone, it's National Craft Month and I've got a fun canvas to share with you today.




Supplies:
ColorBox Crafter's Ink by Ann Butler - Canyon, Ocean Breeze, Blueberry
ColorBox Background Basics by Ann Butler - Basket1
ETI-USA Jewelry Resin
Riley & Co. Stamp
Canvas
The Crafter's Workshop Stencil
Flowers
Molding Paste
Paint brush

I began by creating a background on the canvas.  I inadvertently placed a tea cup on the canvas and created the ring so I decided to incorporate that into my design by using molding paste through a stencil.  Once the molding paste was dry, I added assorted colors of crafter's ink to the raised surface as well as to the rest of the canvas.  Baby wipes work wonderfully with crafter's ink and I was able to achieve a nice swirly appearance.

 
I stamped the background stamp around the edges of the canvas with Blueberry ink - don't worry about imperfect coverage, it adds character!
 
 
After dipping the roses in Blueberry ink, I adhered them to the canvas.  I printed the phrase and added color with several colors of crafter's ink using a baby wipe and then adhered it to the canvas.  I let everything dry 24 hours before proceeding.


I mixed jewelry resin according to the manufacturer's directions and poured it randomly across the canvas, turning the canvas to let the resin flow in different directions. 

 
Allow some of the resin to flow off the edges.  Again, the randomness of this effect looks great.  Adhere a paint brush to the canvas by placing it in the resin.  While still wet, the resin acts as an adhesive and will seal the brush in place.

 
Pour some of the left over resin on the roses.


 
 
Thanks for stopping by today and happy crafting.
 
Steph
 




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment