6/26/16

Summer Days Canvas with Leisure Arts

Hi everyone, now that summer is here, it's time to get your summer crafting on.

Have you tried your hands at the coloring book craze yet?  Leisure Arts creates some amazing adult coloring books and I was pleased to receive the Art of Coloring Coastal.  This 24 page coloring book has pages consisting of everything ocean-related;  think water, boats, fish, and more.

 
Just because this is a coloring book doesn't mean you  need to leave the pages in place as we did as children.  The pages are perforated so they come out easily.  I chose to use one of the pages to create a summer days canvas, coloring the images with Copic Markers.  But you could also use colored pencils, crayons, inks, chalks and more.   

 
To ensure I had a nice smooth effect, I used 3-in-1 beacon Adhesives.  This adhesive does not wrinkle your papers.   Using Spellbinders dies, I die cut "summer days", adding the letters to a tag which I adhered to the canvas.

 
In keeping with the summer theme, I added some gauze along the left edge and added assorted die cut summer elements from Spellbinders.  For dimension, I used foam adhesives from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L.


Why not try your hands at adult coloring books.  You can see the wide variety of coloring books available here at Leisure Arts.

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment