5/20/17

A little book of dreams

Hi everyone, with the crazy weather we've been having, I've had time to create with some amazing Faber Castel Gelatos.

I had this Heidi swap paper pad in my stash that was begging to be used.  Because of the cool nature of the papers, it lends itself perfectly to Gelatos.  Not totally sure what I was going to do, I started by cutting the papers into 6" x 6" panels .  Thinking along the lines of a mini book, I cut chipboard slightly larger to use as the covers. 


I created some Gelato spritzers by cutting tiny pieces of Gelatos and placing them in a spray bottle with some water.  If the pieces are small enough, they blend with the water quickly as you shake the bottle.  Then I simply spritzed the background.


On the front cover, I decided to play with all kinds of mediums.  I used a Crafter's Workshop brick stencil on the right side with modeling paste.  Once dry, I painted purple Gelatos over them.  I love how it gives the cover some nice dimension.  Then, I added a script stamp in opposite corners and stamped a flower in the other corner. To finish the cover, I rubbed purple Gelato all around the cover, blending with a baby wipe to soften the color.


This Memory Box die is really pretty and very delicate.  I colored white cardstock with several colors of Gelatos, placed the die on top and ran it through my die cut machine.  Check out how awesome this flower looks.

I wanted to add some white elements so I die cut the flower again from white cardstock. 


I die cut another flower from white cardstock and colored the die cut pieces with pink Gelatos.  ScraPerfect's the Best Glue Ever was perfect for adding all the little pieces of the flowers to the front cover. 


Using assorted Gelatos I added color to the interior pages using either a water brush or baby wipes to blend and smooth out the colors.

Purples - using a water brush to blend these colors -



Yellows and Gold - using a baby wipe to blend these colors



Blues and Greens - using a water brush to blend these colors



Yellow and Pink - uisng a baby wipe to blend these colors.


I assembled the pages and added the covers.  I punched holes and adhered them together with some ribbon.
   

So this is my little book of dreams, just waiting for me to add some little poems and quotes that help inspire me.  I hope you like it.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Steph








No comments:

Post a Comment