5/7/17

Butterfly Door Hanger with Rinea Foils

Spring is finally here but I'm still waiting for the butterflies to come out.  While waiting, I thought I'd create a butterfly door hanger.


I found this chipboard door hanger so I started by painting it with Gesso.  I knew my colors would soak into the chipboard and not stand out if I sprayed directly on the chipboard.  Once the gesso dried, I spritzed Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists in Sky Blue and Sprout.

I used my fingers to gently blend the colors where they met.




I cut a 1" strip of Rinea Foil in Glossy Emerald/Gold and snipped randomly along one edge.  Once adhered to the door hanger, I rolled the edges over to create grass.  Next, I die cut a butterfly from Star Struck Fuscia and matted it with Glossy Gold/Gold foil.  I used Beacon Adhesive to adhere the layers together.  I then just adhered the body of the butterfly to the door hanger, leaving the wings free.


A tail of dew drops flow from the butterfly and several more adorn the left side of the door hanger.  I also added dew drops to the butterfly.


Don't you love how vibrant the foils are and they really hold their shape.
 
Thanks for stopping by today.

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment