9/1/17

Bermuda Mini Album

Hi everyone, I'm on the Rinea blog with a mini album I created to document our recent cruise to Bermuda.


This month we are partnering with Joy Clair stamps so I incorporated stamps from the Dream Big and Wild and Free stamp sets.  


I covered the front of the album with pattern paper then die cut letters from black cardstock and Silver/Silver Glossy Foiled Paper using my Cricut Expression.  I used an older, less sticky mat and set my pressure setting to medium and the letters cut without issue.


Next, I embossed the letters with a Cuttlebug embossing folder.


I placed the foiled letters onto the black letters.  I found using my Xyron Sticker Maker was the best way to add adhesive to the letters.  Then I added the letters to the front cover.



My interior pages consist of cardstock, pattern paper and Rinea Foils.  A strip of Gold/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper was added along the edge of the right side and Emerald/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper was torn and added on top to coordinate with the photo.  I used Joy Clair stamps as embellishments.


Did you know that Rinea now has a Ghost Ink?  Stamping with Ghost Ink removes the color from the foil creating a reverse stamping effect.  I stamped "explore" repeatedly on the Gold/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper, then used a baby wipe over the words.  As you can see, the gold was removed from the stamped words but not the surrounding foil!


I created a pocket page on the left side to hold extra photos.  Sapphire/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper was placed on the pocket and a photo added on top.  Using foil as mats really brings out the colors in the photos.  Then I simply placed additional photos in the pocket.  On the right side, I added a strip of Sapphire/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper under the photo.  I used another Joy Clair stamp as an embellishment.


To finish I inked around the pages with brown ink, added rings and ribbons.

Now I have a memento of our Bermuda vacation.

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment