9/15/17

Fall Platter with Proxxon Tools

Hi everyone, it's officially Fall.  The air is cooler.  The days are shorter and I've even had to put the heat on in my car yesterday!!



I thought I'd create a Fall Platter that can be used as a holiday decoration.



Or, perhaps even hold seasonal fruits and veggies.


I began by sanding the platter with the Delta Sander.



Next, I used the Pen Sander to sand the edges.



I painted the top of the platter with Folk Art Milk Paint in Tavern Ale .


I painted the bottom of the platter with  Folk Art Milk Paint in Absinthe.


I decorated the platter with a Folk Art Stencil.  Using a foam brush, I mixed  Folk Art Brushed Metal Acrylic Paints in  Brushed Copper and Brushed Gold and Folk Art Color Shift Acrylic Paint in Red Flash and Green Flash.    These colors are truly vibrant and showcase the colors of the season.

Once dry, I painted on a layer of Milk Paint Finishing Oil and allowed it to dry.


I love how this platter turned out and see lots of ways to use it this season.

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment